Our vets focus on pets whose diagnosis is more complex due to experiencing symptoms in various organs or suffering from multiple diseases.
Internal Medicine constitutes the main branch from which various subspecialties arise:
- Endocrinology: the study of the endocrine system, composed of the thyroid gland, the adrenal glands, the pancreas, the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland.
- Gastroenterology: the study of the digestive system, made up of the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver, bile ducts and pancreas.
- Nephrology: the study of kidney structure and function, including the prevention and treatment of kidney diseases.
- Urology: the study of the lower urinary tract, which is made up of the bladder and urethra.
- Pneumology: the study of the upper respiratory tract (including nose, nasopharynx, larynx, and trachea), and the lower respiratory tract (including bronchi and lungs).