We provide comprehensive dermatological care for pets with a variety of skin problems, including:
- Allergic dermatitis: Atopic dermatitis.
- Food intolerance/hypersensitivity.
- Allergic dermatitis to flea bites.
- Parasitic diseases: demodectic and sarcoptic scabies, ticks.
- Immune-mediated skin diseases: lupus erythematosus, pemphigus.
- Bacterial diseases: superficial and deep pyodermas.
- Fungal diseases: dermatophytosis, Malassezia dermatitis.
- Endocrine skin diseases: hyperadrenocorticism, hypothyroidism, alopecia X.
- Keratinization disorders.
- Neoplastic and non-neoplastic tumors and cysts.
Common Dermatological Tests
We perform the following tests to establish a good dermatological diagnosis:
- Skin scraping: a good indicator of a dermatological problem, especially if the presence of skin parasites are suspected.
- Trichogram: the microscopic examination of pulled hairs.
- Cytological examination.
- Bacterial and mycological cultures.
- Allergy tests.
- Skin biopsy.
- Hematological and biochemical panels.
- Endocrine and immune function tests.