Surgical Services and Operating RoomNanclares Veterinary Clinics, based in Álava and Burgos, are equipped with a state-of-the-art surgical suite, a professional team, and equipment to allow for the safest and most effective monitoring of our patients.
Our surgical team has more than 20 years of experience and is highly specialised in emergency surgery: pneumothorax, abdominal bleeding, blunt trauma, stomach twisting and more. These are very critical situations in which quick decision making is vital for the patient’s life.
At Nanclares Veterinary Clinics, in order to guarantee the health and well-being of our patients, we perform both routine and less common surgeries. Some general surgery procedures and more advanced procedures include ear surgery, skin surgery, trauma surgery, oral surgery and most soft tissue surgeries. We are proud of the team of experienced, animal-loving professionals available to help you and your pets.
We have a fully equipped operating theatre and, in addition, for safe anaesthesia, we have full monitoring equipment with inhalation anaesthesia and mechanical ventilation.
- Consultation with board-certified surgeons
- Surgical treatment of elective orthopedic conditions
- Fracture repair and surgical management of complex traumatic wounds
- Routine soft tissue surgery – cystotomy, abdominal and thoracic procedures
- Oncologic surgery including skin and reconstructive procedures
- Interventional procedures – tracheal stenting, urethral and ureteral stenting catheters
When to consider surgery
- Diagnosis and surgical management of lameness
- Diagnosis and treatment of developmental diseases – hip and elbow dysplasia.
- Presence of tumors
- Acute abdomens
- Urinary tract disease
- Intrathoracic disease
- Airway disease
- Complex wound management
- Minimally invasive preventative procedures