Surgical Services and Operating RoomHospital Veterinario Bodión-Zafra, based in Badajoz, is equipped with a state-of-the-art surgical suite, a professional team, and equipment to allow for the safest and most effective monitoring of our patients.
At Hospital Veterinario Bodión-Zafra, we want to ensure the health and well-being of your pet. We offer many different types of surgeries including general surgical procedures, and some more advanced surgical procedures, such as ear surgeries, skin surgeries, leg surgeries, oral surgery and most soft tissue surgeries. We are proud of our experienced and loving pet care professionals and veterinarians who are here to help you and your pets.
- Consultation with board-certified surgeons
- Surgical treatment of elective orthopedic conditions
- Fracture repair and surgical management of complex traumatic wounds
- Routine soft tissue surgery – cystotomy, abdominal and thoracic procedures
- Oncologic surgery including skin and reconstructive procedures
- Routine laparoscopic procedures including liver biopsies, ovariectomies, cryptorchids, and prophylactic gastropexies
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures
- Thoracoscopic procedures
- Interventional procedures – tracheal stenting, urethral and ureteral stenting catheters
- Hip replacements
When to consider surgery
- Diagnosis and surgical management of lameness
- Diagnosis and treatment of developmental diseases – hip and elbow dysplasia.
- Presence of tumors
- Acute abdomens
- Urinary tract disease
- Intrathoracic disease
- Airway disease
- Complex wound management
- Minimally invasive preventative procedures